There Was an Epic Day in the World of ESPN

4:00 PM

so yesterday. ha. if you don't know about all the crazy stuff that happened yesterday, we can't be friends anymore...

but I wanna recap anyways, so this is your chance to redeem our friendship. aren't I just soooo kind?

yes, I love you too.

if you haven't noticed by now, I like sports a 'lil bit. they're fun to watch, fun bonding experiences, intense and crazy and awwwwesome.


so World Cup yesterday. epic to say the least. well, only epic in the 91st minute. before that it was straight up frustrating.

there was another ridiculously recalled U.S. goal. {refs are stupid and gay- end of story} and another two shots that were overshot/totally missed, with an empty goal.

but then this beautiful man came through for the U.S. in the first extra minute of the game.

see my new husband's beloved shot here. :) xoxoxoxoxo Landon Donovan

{as a side note, also THIS man....
  Clint Dempsey (L) Of The United States Disputes  Jozy Altidore And Michael Bradley Of The United States Dispute A Decision With Referee Koman Coulibaly

Koman Coulibaly, will prolly never ref in the World Cup again after his ridiculous call, disallowing the U.S. goal against Slovenia. Coulibaly couldn't even say why the goal was voided. stupid stupid man.}

second item on the agenda today: Isner/Mahut match. went on for ten hours today, after Frenchy Mahut decided he was tired and wanted to start over again tomorrow.

Longest Tennis Match, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut, Wimbledon

.... okay I shouldn't give him grief for that. I couldn't even imagine playing for tennis for ten hours, let alone be  pro at it and play for ten hours. their physical trainers should definitely get raises after this.
but really, it is starting back up tomorrow. originally the match started on Tuesday, was postponed after four sets and the fifth and final set was to be played today. 

too bad this final set has taken 6.5 hours. they're tied at 59-59 right now.

records broken by this match:
most aces in a match: 98 by Isner
most games in a set: 118
most games in a match: 163
longest match ever to played: 9 hours 58 minutes

.... and counting. sheesh!! what is this madness.

0 love notes