There was a Decathlon of Love
5:00 PMI honestly can't remember what I did on Friday. if I remember, I'll edit this post. but for now, let's just move on.
on Saturday afternoon, our friends Garrett & Connor had a Decathlon for the love of Jessica Carver.
this is the lovely lady.
the decathlon consisted of...








Garrett won it all.
that same night, I fulfilled my lifelong {by lifelong I mean week-long} dream of going to see Toy Story 3. my friends {asian}Jordan & Peter Mitchell & a new girl named Heather & I all went. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wonderful, and totally worth $11 and 11 years. I laughed, I cried {only a lil bit, though}, I was angry, I was depressed, I was nostalgic, basically every emotion possible. at one point I was laughing harder at Jordan than I was at the actual movie. Mr. Tortilla Head just killed Jordan & Peter. Heather & I just kind of laughed at them laughing.
Sunday night I went to the Freedom Fest Patriotic ceremony at the Marriott Center with Jordan & Peter & Emily Benson & lots of other friends from the ward. the ceremony featured special guests Steve Young, Alex Boye, Jenny Oaks Baker, Jenny Frogley and some other opera tenor man. it was reeeeeeeally good- lots of singing and honoring soldiers. one of my favorite parts was the armed forces medley, basically the same one we sang in 2nd grade and for our Sept. 11th concert every year in high school. I knew every song and my friends were impressed, I'm sure. :)
and then we reunited with Swedish Twister that night in the Riv lounge.
favorite quotes of the weekend:
"quiet! you temptress!" -Buzz Lightyear on demo mode.
"I'll tell you where to touch me!" -Chantelly playing Swedish Twister
"do you think you have to have long hair to sing that high?" *points* "that guy doesn't." "he's black, that's TOTALLY different." -Peter & I at the Freedom Fest Patriotic Ceremony

this is the lovely lady.
... creepy, right?
yeah. they had a battle for the love of a mannequin head. a creepy one, at that.the decathlon consisted of...
a 100-yard dash
Connor won {1-0}
a football throw
Connor won {2-0}
a dunking contest


Connor won {3-0}
Scooter race

Garrett won {3-1}
Just Dance dance-off

... Connor won {4-1}
a marshmallow stuffing contest- Chubby Bunnies style

Garrett won {4-2}
Water drinking contest
Garrett won {4-3}
belly flop contest

Garrett won {4-4}
throw-each-other-off-a-floaty-raft-in-the-pool contest
Garrett won {4-5}
Pizza eating contest
Connor won {5-5}
intense, right?! crazy stuff. so because they had a tie {who ever decided we should do 10 events was stupid because we all knew it would end it a tie...} we did this crazy/awesome scavenger hunt complete with lacrosse/basketball/mini golfing tests and an epic race to the track&field stadium to reach Jessica.


needless to say it was prolly the most epic afternoon I've had in a loooooooooooong time {maybe ever?}
Sunday night I went to the Freedom Fest Patriotic ceremony at the Marriott Center with Jordan & Peter & Emily Benson & lots of other friends from the ward. the ceremony featured special guests Steve Young, Alex Boye, Jenny Oaks Baker, Jenny Frogley and some other opera tenor man. it was reeeeeeeally good- lots of singing and honoring soldiers. one of my favorite parts was the armed forces medley, basically the same one we sang in 2nd grade and for our Sept. 11th concert every year in high school. I knew every song and my friends were impressed, I'm sure. :)
and then we reunited with Swedish Twister that night in the Riv lounge.
favorite quotes of the weekend:
"quiet! you temptress!" -Buzz Lightyear on demo mode.
"I'll tell you where to touch me!" -Chantelly playing Swedish Twister
"do you think you have to have long hair to sing that high?" *points* "that guy doesn't." "he's black, that's TOTALLY different." -Peter & I at the Freedom Fest Patriotic Ceremony






4 love notes
Umm, that mannequin head is creepy, but totally amazing, and I would support a decathalon in its honor! I love it!
ReplyDeleteOops - decathlon:)
ReplyDeletethat looookss like so much fun. hmmm. i wonder if i could come up with some wacky idea based of this purely to embarrass my husband. brainstorming time. :)
ReplyDeleteThat manequin is TOTALLY creepydoodle
ReplyDelete