There Was a Movie-Going Weekend
5:41 PM
Holy movie-going weekend, Batman!!
Friday night.

yes I saw it. and yes it was by far the best decision I've ever made {plus the ticket was only $1. thanks Fandango :) }
I'm sorry. I still think Leonardo DiCaprio is a total babe. a lot of my friends think he's an ugly old man, but I'm still in love. and this movie just proved it.
also my boyfriend from 500 Days of Summer & 10 Things I Hate About You, Joseph Gordon-Levitt played opposite of DiCaprio in this movie. loooooooooooooooooooooooooove.
and his awesome/awkward chemistry with Ellen Page was prolly my favorite part of the entire flick.
"Well. It was worth a shot."
those of you that have seen the movie know what I'm talking about. totally the best.

after the movie was over, the only thing I could think was, "how the heck do they come up with this kind of stuff!?!?"
I have never been more awesomely-confused by a movie. or thought more about a movie after I saw it. it was awe-inspiring. my head is still reeling a lil bit. the concept was seriously so thought-provoking, it was insane. I've had two Inception-themed dreams. which is ironic, but aweeeeeeeesome.
and on top of the fabulous acting and crazyawesome mind tricks, it was done by Christopher Nolan. director of The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, & The Prestige. this guy obviously likes to reuse actors. Michael Caine was in all three of the movies I just mentioned, and he made a small but awesome appearance in this one too.
and then on top of that, Cilian Murphy, the Scarecrow from Batman Begins, was the heir-to-the-corporate-empire-son in Inception.

wow he's come a loooooooooooong way from being that creepy scarecrow thing.
I was just surprised Christian Bale wasn't in this flick, too. but I'm glad Nolan chose DiCaprio instead :)
my thoughts as a whole? the best movie of 2010 by far. I loved Toy Story 3, and that's probly my 2nd favorite movie ever, but this one was just too awesome & intense & crazy & amazing not to be my new fave. it was also pretty clean and had very little language in it. double bonus!! and as much as I don't like action movies, the mind games and concept were totally worth it.
Saturday night.

okay you totally can't judge me for going to see this movie. it was in the dollar theater, and we needed something to do {secretly, Kelsey & I were super excited to see this}.
the first and last five minutes of the flick were pretty cheesy, but the rest of it was actually pretty good. the main characters,
good ol' Amanda Seyfried. she's come a loooooong way from Mean Girls. I actually like her as a person now. but Mamma Mia sort of did that for me already.

bahahahahaha.
although throughout this whole flick, she kept reminding me of Hilary Duff. weird, no? I thought so too. maybe I'm just thinking Rome/Lizzie McGuire Movie type stuff. still weird, though.
also her whole wardrobe throughout the movie was adorable. can I be her when I grow up??

also I loved her man candy. he was super adorable. :)

.preview.jpg)

my thoughts as a whole?
very cute movie. I'm really glad I went to see it. pretty cheesy, but it was still adorable and had a cute message. also it was relatively clean without hardly any language or inappropriate anything.
I loved it lots. :)
how was your weekend?? I hope it was as good as mine.
also I hope you go see Inception very very soon. :) if you wanna go see it this weekend, buy your tickets now. because I bet it'll be sold out before Wednesday.


1 love notes
Ok, everyone but me has seen Inception! MUST GO!
ReplyDelete