There Was a Sappy Sad-Song Playlist

5:00 PM

so, I apologize. these songs will probly dominate  Music Tuesdays over the next few weeks or so. but I'm sharing my thoughts on them pre-posting.



  • Gravity by Sara Bareilles

sorry, this one's already been on the playlist, and I've prolly blogged about it before, but I seriously just can't get enough of it. the SYTYCD number by Kayla and Kupono a few seasons ago just blows my mind and makes me teary-eyed every stinking time. GAH! anyways, it's one of my favorite sing-in-the-shower songs. seriously beautiful.


  • Happiness by The Fray

another fabulous sing-in-the-shower song. the tune is simple, but the words are incredibly powerful. and performed live it was even better, if that's even possible. any time I'm having a bad day, I listen to this song and it makes me feel, um, worse? better? I'm not even sure how to explain it. but "happiness feels a lot like sorrow on your door, but you just let it in". truuuuuuuuue statement.


  • Come Home by One Republic (but the one feat. Sara Bareilles is phenomenal)
yowza. this is one my dear seester introduced me to (she finds all things One Republic and they are all AWESOME) a few weeks ago. goodness GRACIOUS, it's deep. all about finding your better half and stopping to see the beauty in everything around you. to me, this song sounds so lonely, but you listen to the words, and it's truly amazing.
  • Falling Slowly by Kris Allen
yeah, yeah, I know it wasn't originally Kris Allen, but this is the one I like best anyways. ha. .... except part of me still can't figure out what this song is about. it's about despair? or love? or finding that one thing or one person that can save you? or being twitterpated? sheesh, maybe all of the above. but the melodies in this song just kill me. the high notes in the chorus get me every time. whew.
  • Heart of Life by John Mayer
this is another "I love life more than everything" song. just having a positive outlook on life and everything stinky about it. another super simple melody, but still incredibly gorgeous and thoughtful. :) yay. plus, Peter introduced me to it.
  • Let the Rain by Sara Bareilles
... I may have a slight obsession with songs about rain. which is a little bit hilarious, since I hate rain with a fiery passion (... ironic. fiery hatred for rain... hmm...) but to me, rain=all things sad/bad/miserable. so songs that beckon for rainfall intrigue me? maybe? I'm not totally sure. but this song is all about embracing rain and tears and sadness. just wanting to be enough to meet everyone's expectations, wanting to be fickle and irrational and not caring about anything else in the world. now that's something I can relate to.

... sorry. if you can't tell, I've had a recent obsession with SB lately. she's playing at The Venue on Nov 17. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiii!! now I just gotta convince the boy to take me. otherwise I'll be flyin solo.


anyone want to donate $20 for his ticket to make my argument more convincing?!

:)

peace and blessin's.

0 love notes