DWTS Season 9 amigos!!

10:53 PM

So yesterday they announced the new cast of this fall's season of Dancing with the Stars. Ummmmmmmm can I get some excitement please?!?

And here they are ladies and gents.

Kathy Ireland
-legendary supermodel? how come I've never heard of her then?
Joanna Krupa- really? another supermodel? ABC, haven't we learned after nine seasons that supermodels suck at ballroom dancing? ooh! instead, let's put two of them on the show this season! yeah that'll work out real well.
Macy Gray-yeah sure I know who she is, but when I was reading the list off to my mom, I had to sing her one and only song in my most raspiest Macy Gray-impression. Which is actually pretty decent. They shoulda gotten Tina Turner. They sound the same.
Mya-who the crap is that?! she sings? what?
Kelly Osbourne-bahahahahahahahahahaha this should be fun.
Debi Mazar- yeah I don't even know how to say her last name. don't know don't care.
Natalie Coughlin- I remember her! She was in the Olympics one time... Swam for USA... She was good, right?
Melissa Joan Hart- OMGOSH my rooooooole model! I really wanted to be her when I grew up. And her sister's ZENON! Best choice ever. Almost makes up for the two supermodels.
Donny Osmond- Okay THIS definitely makes up for the supermodels. I saw his house one time. :) Any dream will do, Donny. Go go go Joe!!
Ashley Hamilton- ummmmm a boy named Ashley? Yuckers. And for an added bonus, I don't know him! yaaaaaaay... ugh.
Tom DeLay- I love old men salsa dancing..... NOT!
Mark Dacascos- ummm he cooks stuff?
Aaron Carter- Wow this show is really bringing out the twelve year old in me. First Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, now AC. Life just doesn't get any better if you're me. Nobody can do it like Aaron can**.
Michael Irvin-another football guy. I never start out liking these guys, but then they turn up the heat and become great big dancing teddy bears that steal my heart and the limelight. I hope this guy's the same.
Chuck Liddell- ummm yeah never even heard of this one either
Louis Vito-I wish it was Louie van Amstel, but sadly he's moved on to SYTYCD. Ummm... my almost twelve year old brother was excited about this one. Bad choice ABC because twelve year old boys will most assuredly NOT be voting for your pro-snowboarder contestants on DWTS. So he might be a weirdie.

And that's it America. Read em and weep. Right now, having seen zero of their dancing abilities and based on my own childhood memories and preferences, I'm voting for Aaron, Sabrina, er, I mean Melissa, and Donny O. Maybe Kelly Osbourne. Just because I think she's gonna suck and it might be funny to watch her suffer. And hey, maybe if she stays on long enough Ozzy and Sharon will come see a performance. Ha, Ozzy should be on the show. Now that would get some ratings.

Oh! I'm posing a question to all three of you that read this blog- my boss asked me last week if "suck" was a cuss word. Ummmmmm I'm thinking it's not, because, hello? I say it? But I'm throwin it out there. Opinions?

Song of the week: Be There by Howie Day. I saw him in the Kelly Lounge last night and he was all around FANTABULOUS. He like recorded his own voice/guitar/beating on his guitar to make drum beats with these foot pedals and played them on top of one another to create his own one-man-band. He transitioned into this one song and made it sound like a rave! It was absolutely incredible. We told him so, too. :)




** If you got that lyric reference, please comment and you will without question, be my new best friend.

1 love notes

  1. 1. Kathy Ireland was a model "back in the day" who was more famous for having a voice that sounded like she was sucking helium than she was for modeling. Okay, aside from the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers! She actually took voice classes to lower her voice range out of the dog-whistle octave level and into normal human hearing range so that she could do a movie, "Alien from L.A."
    2. Ashley Hamilton is supposedly the crispy-fried tan George Hamilton's son. Aside from that, ditto on the Yuckers.
    3. I loved Michael Irvin on the field. Hope he's just as classy off!
    4. Chuck Liddell is a UFC fighter. I'm ashamed to admit I watch UFC. I hope he doesn't mistake the dancefloor for the octagon and put his partner into a submission hold of some sort until she taps out.
    5. According to my dad, "suck" is a cuss word. I don't know why, only that it's another one of those "replacement" words for the real thing. So YOU don't hear "the real word" when YOU say it, but apparently other people do, so to THEM it's a cuss word. So who really has the problem here?
    I decided to bite the bullet and stop saying "freaking" because an in-law told me that it offended them. At first I thought "Okay that's your problem" - seriously! But then I figured I didn't need to say the word anyway, so cut it from my vocab. But "suck" is not a superfluous word, it is a verb! "Freaking" is an adjective, those can go anytime we choose to give them the heave-ho.
    Consensus: Uhhhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete