What it feels like to look like I'm 15.
12:54 PMI shouldn't complain - it's much better than looking like I'm 45, but it makes my life pretty comical sometimes. And I feel like it happens way more frequently than it should.
I am young, yes. I am also petite. And I have no problem with either of these things, most days. I love being young. It's way more fun than being old (Question mark? It's not like I'm speaking from personal experience, I'm just guessing here).
But looking like I'm 15 isn't always ideal when you're not actually 15 and most of your friends are haven't been 15 for like a decade (and then some).
For example:
- When I checked out "He's Just Not That In To You" from the local library, the lady at the front desk asked if I was doing a book report. As in, for school. Like, high school. Seriously, lady?!?
- When I was buying fireworks for 4th of July, the cashier asked how old I was. (Side note: you only have to be 16 to buy fireworks in Utah.) GOSH.
- My friends and I went to Disneyland a few months back and a worker came and asked us to fill out his customer service survey. When he asked our ages, my friend said, "Four guests between ages 25-40.... Oh wait, no, three between 25-40, one in the 18-25 range." SMF.
- When distant cousins at family reunions think I'm actually the youngest sister (I'm 4 years older than my youngest sister). Luckily, my 15 year old brother wasn't there to throw anyone off even more.



0 love notes