that one time my life felt like Pitch Perfect

5:20 AM

So I've had multiple people point out and several others confirm (including my own mother) that I look like Anna Kendrick.


I don't really see it, but whatever. Not a big deal. But I do feel like I can relate to her a little bit now.

I saw the movie Pitch Perfect a few weeks ago and couldn't believe it took me that long to see it. Some may judge me for how much I loved it, but like my friend Jenna said, "It wasn't inappropriate, it was just very irreverent." I feel the same way. And the music was fantastic.

The Riff-off was one of my favorite scenes (we may have gone back and watched it again after the movie ended), but I really really really loved the regionals performance.


Mashups may or may not be one of my favorite things on the planet, so I totally fell in love with this. 

I would also just like to take a minute and thank my favorite mashup king, Norwegian Recycling. If you haven't heard any of his stuff or haven't heard me talk about it / make you listen to it before, please do us both a favor and listen today please. He's this crazy talented Swedish guy who is really really good at what he does. You can download most of his stuff directly from his website and it's all awesome.

So last night, a group of us from my YSA ward got together and had a jam session under the tutelage of  our musically magical friend Ben. Other people there had various guitars, banjos, mandolins, violas, tamborines, etc., but Ben can seriously whip out anything on the guitar and he knows EVERYTHING. It was one of the coolest nights I've had in a long time and I hope it happens again real soon.

So at one point while everyone is rockin to "Stand By Me," I jumped in with "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. Nobody else may have thought it was very cool, but I was SO impressed with myself.

The end. Sometimes I do cool things.

2 love notes

  1. You're both attractive ladies but I don't see the resemblance.

    I was back in my room working on something when you guys did "Stand By Me," and only heard Ben belting it out. I wish I had been out there to hear your mad mashup skills.

    ReplyDelete